WASHINGTON – Today, Senator Eric Schmitt marked 100 days since being sworn in as a United States Senator and working for Missourians.
“It’s an honor to serve Missourians as their United States Senator, and we’ve had a busy first 100 days fighting for Missourians and pushing back on the Biden Administration’s radical agenda. I’m proud to have already voted on consequential legislation that directly impacts Missourians and asked important questions on commercial transportation safety and military preparedness in various committee hearings. Serving my home state in the United States Senate is a privilege I don’t take lightly, and I look forward to continuing to work on issues important to Missourians,” said Senator Schmitt.
Since being sworn in, Senator Schmitt has cosponsored 32 bills:
- Death Tax Repeal Act (Senator Thune)
- AMERICA Act (Senator Lee)
- Keep Nine Point of Order Act (Senator Cruz)
- End Lending to China at World Bank Act (Senator Barrasso)
- Modification to Department of Defense Travel Authorities for Abortion-Related Expenses Act of 2023 (Senator Ernst)
- Thin Blue Line Act (Senators Braun and Cruz)
- No WHO Pandemic Preparedness Treaty Without Senate Approval Act (Senator Johnson)
- FIND Act (Senator Daines)
- Felony Murder for Deadly Fentanyl Distribution Act (Senator Rubio)
- Protecting America from Spies Act (Senator Cruz)
- Protecting Military Installations and Ranges Act (Senator Cruz)
- Keep Our Communities Safe Act (Senator Britt)
- Fair Access to Banking Act (Senator Cramer)
- Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act (Senator Cornyn)
- SHORT Act (Senator Marshall)
- Viral Gain-of-Function Research Moratorium Act (Senator Marshall)
- No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act (Senator Wicker)
- Student Empowerment Act (Senator Cruz)
- Education Freedom Scholarships and Opportunity Act (Senator Cruz)
- Stopping Reckless Student Loan Schemes Congressional Review Act (CRA)(Senator Cassidy)
- Keep Nine Amendment (Senator Cruz)
- Pistol Brace CRA (Senator Kennedy)
- Commerce Solar Panels from China CRA (Senator Rick Scott)
- DC Crime Disapproval Resolution (Senator Hagerty)
- Heavy-Duty Vehicle Emissions CRA (Senator Fischer)
- Woke 401K Rule CRA (Senator Braun)
- WOTUS CRA (Senator Capito)
- Abourezk Resolution (Senator Rounds)
- Chiefs Resolution (Senator Moran)
- Chiefs Resolution (Senator Hawley)
- Durenberger Resolution (Senator Klobuchar)
- Resolution Acknowledging a Crisis at the Southern Border (Senator Britt)
Senator Schmitt, who serves on the Senate Armed Services Committee, the Senate Commerce, Science, and Transportation Committee, and the Joint Economic Committee, has attended 21 full committee hearings and two subcommittee hearings on topics ranging from aviation safety and innovation to military recruitment, retention, and preparedness.
The Constituent Services team in the Office, which strives to provide world class customer service to Missourians in need, has received 383 cases and resolved 261 cases. The Office has worked cases for constituents across 59 different counties in Missouri and interacted with 45 different federal agencies. Staff in Missouri have also met with numerous constituents and groups across the state.
The Constituent Services team has worked with Missourians affected by the Biden Administration’s passport backlog and achieved 71 favorable passport resolutions with an 85% success rate, ensuring that Missourians receive their passports in time for trips or other obligations.
The Office has also sent 13,081 letters to constituents who write or call the Office about policy issues or votes.