WASHINGTON – Today, Senator Eric Schmitt returned to the Missouri State Capitol. Throughout the day, Senator Schmitt sat down with the University of Missouri president and administrators and discussed how best to serve Missourians with legislators and statewide officers:
“It has been the honor of a lifetime to serve Missourians in the U.S. Senate, and it’s always refreshing to hear new ideas and a fresh perspective from leaders back in the state. The important conversations I had today with Governor Parson and other statewide officers and legislators help to guide my decisions back in Washington to ensure that Missourians best interests are protected,” said Senator Eric Schmitt.
Official events from today include:
- A meeting with the University of Missouri Board of Curators.
- A meeting with University of Missouri President Mun Choi and the Board of Chancellors.
- A meeting with Governor Mike Parson on Missouri’s military bases and assets
- Speeches to both the Missouri House and Senate Republican Caucuses
- A meeting with State Treasurer Vivek Malek
- A meeting with State Auditor Scott Fitzpatrick
# # #