WASHINGTON – Today, Senator Schmitt release the following statement on Tax Day as Missouri families face higher taxes, higher inflation, and lower wages:
“As Missourians face another month of inflation and falling wages, Biden persists on spending more money we don’t have. Instead of providing serious solutions to curbing inflation and reining in out-of-control spending, Joe Biden has doubled the size of the IRS, which is targeting hardworking Missouri families. I will continue to stand against business as usual in Washington, which has made life harder for Missourians,” said Senator Eric Schmitt.
- Joe Biden’s promised to “raise some taxes” while ignoring two years of runaway government spending.
- Tuesday marks the first Tax Day for Biden’s supersized IRS.
- Democrats’ reckless tax and spending spree spent $80 billion to double the size of the IRS.
- Despite promising to improve taxpayer services, the IRS will target middle-class Americans.
- Democrats raised taxes on nearly every single American in their 2022 reckless tax and spending spree.
- America does not have a revenue problem. Joe Biden has a spending problem.
- In 2022, the government collected $4.9 trillion in taxes – a 21% increase from 2021.
- That was the largest revenue increase in the last 50 years.
- Missourians don’t want higher taxes, they want to rein-in runaway government spending.
# # #