WASHINGTON — Senator Schmitt released the following statement on the City of St. Louis implementing a mask mandate on its employees:
“Here we go again, the City of St. Louis is imposing masks on its employees. This is yet another attempt by the city to enforce its tyrannical mask mandates, this time on its own employees. Further, masks have been proven to be ineffective. Individuals have a right to make their own decisions when it comes to wearing masks – I fought these ridiculous mandates when I was Missouri’s Attorney General, and I will continue to do everything in my power to fight COVID tyranny,” said Senator Eric Schmitt.
- Recently, the St. Louis Health Department said in a letter to employees that masks mandates are effective as of 1/5/24.
- St. Louis Health Department officials also recently recommended the general public begin masking again.
- This order was issued despite the fact Joe Biden claimed the COVID pandemic was over in September of 2022.
- This mandate comes after masks have proven to be ineffective at stopping transmission of COVID or any respiratory illness.
- Senator Schmitt has been a solid and steady voice of opposition against mask mandates:
- In 2023, Senator Schmitt introduced the End COVID Tyranny Act – A bill that would significantly reduce the federal government’s ability to impose mask mandates and other draconian COVID measures.