WASHINGTON – Today, Senator Eric Schmitt spoke on the Senate floor to highlight Biden’s disastrous economic record, his responsibility in the crisis at the southern border, and how Biden’s tenure has resulted in the loss of the American Dream for many Americans:
“Joe Biden has weaponized federal agencies against his fellow Americans, worked with big tech companies to censor Americans’ speech, poured gasoline on the inflation fire, stifled domestic energy production, refused to secure the border, and has supercharged the growth of the Administrative State,” said Senator Eric Schmitt.
Since Biden took office:
- Cumulative overall prices have risen by 17.26 percent.
- Rent prices have risen by 19.09 percent.
- Energy prices have risen by 31.22 percent.
- Fuel oil prices have risen by 43.27 percent.
- Grocery prices have risen by 20.18 percent.
- Gasoline prices have risen by 34.29 percent.
- Electricity prices have risen by 24.24 percent.
- Natural gas prices have risen by 27.05 percent.
The Southern border is a humanitarian crisis due to Joe Biden:
- In total, 8.5+ million illegal immigrants have crossed the border under Biden, including 1.7+ million known “gotaways” who escaped past Border Patrol and into the country. As a result, millions of illegal immigrants have been released into U.S. communities.
- And the crisis is only worsening in December, with 167,000 illegal immigrants encountered at the southern border in just the first 17 days of the month as illegal daily crossings consistently top 10,000+/day.
- In FY2023, CBP, has seized 27,293 pounds of fentanyl, coming across the Southwest border—enough to kill more than 6 billion people.
- The number of people killed by Fentanyl is up 94 percent since 2019.
- The number of terror-suspects attempting to cross the border has skyrocketed as the FBI warns that the open border poses a major terror threat.
- Tens of thousands of illegal immigrants from “special interest countries” – countries with environments that potentially pose a national security threat – have been released into the country with little to no vetting.
Biden has supercharged the growth of the Administrative State:
- The Biden Administration weaponized federal agencies against his fellow Americans.
- This Administration targeted parents at school board meetings and floated the idea of deeming them “domestic terrorists” in an official memo.
- Biden created the largest censorship enterprise in American history and worked with Big Tech companies to censor Americans’ viewpoints online.
- Unilaterally pillaged our Strategic Petroleum Reserve, causing gas prices to soar.
- Attempted to force tens of millions of Americans to get the vaccine or lose their jobs.